“Cops & Kids” at LTA was a HUGE success!
On Saturday, March 25, 2017, LTA partnered with Cops and Kids and an excellent time was had by all! We had a great turnout and the event was a huge success! The participants received basketball tips and know how from the police officers, played on state-of-the-art basketball courts, had a three hour workout and developed their skills in teamwork! The children also learned more about the police officers who work in their neighborhoods. It was a fantastic opportunity for the police officers and children to interact with each other in a positive nurturing environment.
Feedback from the event:
- Local high school junior, Bailie said, “ The kids loved it. I think these type of clinics build a good deal of trust between our “Cops and Kids”. Great to see this happening at LTA.
- Local 4th grader, Chuck said, “Today was awesome! I hope they do this again over the summer”.
- LTA staff member, Don Granger said, “ It is exciting and encouraging to see our local law enforcement working together with our community. I love watching the relationships develop”
- LTA Founder, Mike Grace said, “This event serves our mission to the community. We hope to sponsor more events like this, which will provide us the opportunity to nurture the cops and kids relationships in our neighborhood. A big THANK YOU to our Baltimore County Police Department.”
- LTA Founder, Dr. Tom Grace said, “This was an exciting event to be a part of. Observing our Baltimore County Police Department mentoring our neighborhood children demonstrates their commitment to our community. We look forward to hosting this event 2-3 times each year. The Baltimore County Police Department is always welcome in our facility.”